Unofficial IRC channel is intended for Vyatta related conversations and community-provided support.
 Channel Address
##vyatta at Freenode
To connect to Freenode use server address "chat.freenode.net", port 6667.
 Channel FAQ
 Why two hashes?
Because of Freenode policy. Channels are divided into namespaces and to register a primary (one hash) channel you need register a group and sponsor a new server. See Freenode FAQ page for details.
#vyatta also exists, but it's unregistered because of above difficulties and is inactive. Some people hang out there at times and redirect newcomers to the unofficial channel.
 How do I ask a question?
- Don't ask to ask, just ask your question and wait for response.
- Sometimes it takes a long time to get response, be patient.
- Provide as much information about your problem as possible. Minimal required information is your goal and your config that doesn't work.
- Don't paste large amount of text to the channel (e.g. more than five lines). Use services like pastebin for it.
- Include output of related operational commands ("show ip route", "show nat statistics" etc.) and logs to your paste.
- Don't expect people to provide a complete solution of your problem.
 Are there Vyatta employees?
There are. But they aren't a free support team, just like any other channel visitors.
 Are there public channel logs?
No, and unlikely will be in the future.
 Do you speak $languageName?
Channel visitors speak various languages, but all conversations on the channel are in English.